Monday, July 20, 2009

My camera

I wanted to cover this in the last post, but decided not to. However, since my friend asked me what camera I use, I'll cover it.

Last year I was on a very limited budget, and before the price of cameras went down significantly, I bought a Cannon PowerShot A590 IS for $170, but now they are only $130.
It is considered a compact camera, but I would call it somewhat bulkier than the others because it takes AA batteries, instead of a rechargeable one (I wanted that because I don't always want to carry cables or a computer with me). But for my small hands it gives a pretty comfortable grip. It has a <3 mode which takes pretty good pictures in any conditions, but in low light conditions the image usually turns pretty grainy (I think it adds charm to it, as some of my favourite personal photos were taken on this setting). Auto setting as a standard one, and I've recently began playing with the manual one, which I used in my previous post with photos of flowers.

For a camera it also takes pretty good video (prolly one of the best cheap camera videos I've seen) and the sound is not half bad.

Overall for a very inexpensive camera it takes excellent photos and I am VERY happy with it. I've used it very heavily in the past year, and carry it with me often without a protective case, and it has endured wear and tear, with barely any scratches. It won't exactly fit into your wallet, but for someone on a budget I would certainly recommend it.

Personally I dream of owning one of the newer black Rebels someday, but that's just a dream for now.

1 comment:

  1. Cuuuute. I have a Canon from that line as well. You're right about the grainy quality of low light pictures.

    ReplyDelete